Hay Fever – See your pharmacist not a GP

Herts Valleys CCG is no longer funding prescriptions on the local NHS for products that treat short-term hay fever symptoms.

If you are experiencing common seasonal hay fever symptoms you should no longer go to your GP to get a prescription. Instead you should seek support from a pharmacist and/or buy over-the-counter (OTC) medication to treat your symptoms from a local pharmacy or supermarket.

Hay fever: Patient information leaflet